Caring for children since 1989
Our primary purpose is to provide a happy group experience for children. We are concerned with their total development and provide stimulating and challenging activities to help them grow emotionally, socially, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
- Classes are available for children ages 2 through 5
- 3 Day Program
- 4 Day Program
- Classes begin in September and run through May. We conclude the year with a graduation program in which all classes participate.
We offer a developmentally appropriate program which provides opportunities for experiences for children to interact with people and things in their world. We stress socialization, kindergarten readiness, SOL preparation, patriotism, cooperation, and fun! Preschool children learn by doing, touching, tasting, hearing, smelling, and seeing things that are interesting to them; not by hearing a teacher tell them about these things.
- Art – some of the media used includes paint, crayons, markers, play dough, clay, chalk, and a variety of textures.
- Computer – IBM compatible computers with a variety of educational software.
- Field Trips – examples of past trips include: Post Office, petting zoo, dairy farm, nursing home, Isle of Wight County Museum, Santa House, fire station, police station, and pumpkin patch.
- Community Helpers – visitors may include police officer, nurse, doctor, veterinarian, minister, librarian, Easter Bunny, and Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus.
- Special Units – Five Senses, Nursery Rhymes, Family, Getting to Know Myself, Fire Safety, Farm, Seasons, as well as seasonal units.
Call (757) 357-3659 or visit the Trinity UMC office, fill out the registration form, and pay the registration fee.
- Original birth certificate.
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations, and a medical form.
- Your child should be potty trained before entering preschool.
Here’s What Our Parents Have to Say…
- “The school is small and provides more personal attention to each child.”
- “The teachers present the material in imaginative ways that allow the children to participate and find out things for themselves.”
- “There are a lot of wonderful crafts being produced which exposes our children to art and how to enjoy and appreciate it.”
- “The school provides a setting where children can play and learn at the same time.”
- “I like the actual physical size of the classrooms; they are well divided and well organized.”
- “The field trips give the children a chance to learn about the community and experience things first hand.”
- “I visited the school and really liked how small and cozy it felt.”
Other Fun Stuff
- BBB – Brown Bag Buddies: a program where children may stay an extra hour and have lunch with their friends.
- Summer Camps – week long, 1/2 day summer camps. Themes have included Wet, Wild, and Wonderful, Junior Olympians, and Aerospace Cadets.
- Our Educational Staff are professionals with many years of experience teaching young children.